- USPTA Professional, Level 3 Professional with MTMCA. M.S. in Phys. Ed.
- Teach all ages and skill levels - great with kids & beginners
- Patient and encouraging teaching style.
- Never had a losing season as a college-level coach.
- My college (Redlands) was #2 in the NAIA. Ranked #6, NorCal Class A.
I'm very serious about tennis teaching, but I realize that the instructor needs to make the lessons FUN! If possible, I like to plan my lessons out in advance. Am also an amateur piano player; partially fluent in French. Former C-level chess player. I have an expression: "Sportsmanship might not be #1, but it's way ahead of whatever is in 2nd place." The Positive Coaching Alliance has a very nice program for what we call Double-Goal Coaches. These are coaches who want to win, like anyone else, but also understand the need to teach kids about good sportsmanship, fair play, respecting one's opponents, teammates, teachers, coaches, and everyone. I own a ball machine that I can bring along to my lessons. While videotaping is a very practical tool, I also have a number of other teaching aids available to help my students learn the game.