Tennis Lessons for Adults: Achieve Multiple Goals
At PlayYourCourt.com, we look for well-rounded coaches who understand that adult tennis players have different needs and goals than juniors, and who can structure lessons accordingly.
How Adults Improve at Tennis
Unlike junior players, adults usually aren’t looking to add completely new skills unless they are beginners. Adults who take lessons are often trying to improve what they already have.
A good adult lesson will start with the coach and student playing points to recreate and identify the player’s match-play needs. The coach and player will then work together to solve the playing problems with stroke work. Adult tennis lessons take into account that grownups aren't as active as kids, so practices include the right type of warmup, adequate breaks and a post-workout cooldown and stretch.
Adult Tennis Lesson Goals
Don’t be afraid to tell your coach all of the goals for your lessons. Qualified coaches want to make the lesson the best possible experience for you and will emphasis the aspects of a tennis lesson you want. Consider working on the following skills:
- Footwork – learn how to get to the ball with proper balance
- Depth – learn how to hit short angles, deep drives, drop shots ad lobs
- Direction – learn how to hit to the backhand, forehand and into the body
- Spins – learn how and when to hit flat, with slice and with topspin
- Patterns – learn how to play two shots ahead to open the court and force errors
- Power – the least important skill, but one that many adults want to learn first
Adult Tennis Lessons When And Where You Want Them
Many PlayYourCourt pros offer flexible evening and weekend hours as well as daytime lessons for those who want them.
Search PlayYourCourt.com to find a tennis coach near you for adult tennis lessons.
We send the best coaches at the lowest prices to a court near you!click here to get started